Well, perhaps it is your first time on a computer and you are having some trouble getting logged in to your Gmail account. So to help you understand this clearly we will start from your desktop.
For many people, when they boot up, their computer the desktop will look somewhat like this.
There will be Slight variation on the appearances depending on the operating system.
- With your cursor, Locate your internet browser icon and run it
- At times when it is not on your desktop you will be required to click on the start button at the bottom left hand side of your computer and search amongst the programs you installed earlier on
- Once you have launched the browser, go to the text field at the top of your window and delete whatever is on it.
- Then type in the address www.gmail.com and press enter when ready
You don’t necessary have to put in the www. in the address bar. The internet will know that you want to go to Google mail website
- When you are ready and have keyed in the correct address, press enter. This will open a window with an array of search engine results regarding Gmail.
- Each of the search engine result is a link that will lead you to some information but for our case, we have to find the one that leads us to a Gmail account.
- once you find it click on it to reveal the Gmail-sign in page
- At this stage, you can either create a new account or sign it to an already existing account.
- To create a new account, click on the red button on the top right hand corner of the page written create account. This will lead you on the processes to create a new account
- If you have an existing account, position your cursor on the username text field and type your username
- Below the username is a password text field, type your password too then click on the sign in button at the bottom right hand corner.
- This will lead you right in to your account.
- During this process, you will see options to remember your password and to stay signed in. these are quite optional and the choice to activate these will be purely discretionary.
- If you find logging in problematic due to a congested network, you can opt to log in with basic hypertext markup language. This can be activated by clicking on the link on the bottom right hand side of the page written load basic HTML.
- Once you are past this stage, you can now read your mails, compose others or do whatever you want to with your account.
- In case you are done using your account and want to log out, click on the button on the right hand corner with your profile picture on it.
- This will give you a drop down menu with options. Position your cursor on the sign out button and click.
This is how you log into your gmail account.